Ticknevin National School is one of four schools in the Parish of Carbury
The school is
named after Kildare's patron Saint, St. Brigid.
It first opened it's doors in September 1953. It was a two teacher, two roomed school in those days.
St. Brigids has grown over the 59 years, and due to rising population it has since been extended twice and currently has 84 pupils enrolled.
There are now four mainstream teachers and one full time learning support teacher. All classrooms now enjoy use of the latest technology with interactive whiteboards in each one.
Thanks is due to the many committees, local Clergy, parents, teachers, councillors and politicians for the wonderful modern school we now have, with a new car park, school facilities, resource rooms, secretary and wonderful teachers.